Real Estate Broker
Buying your first home can be a scary thing. You are spending a lot of money, probably more money than you have ever spent in your life. I am here to help you with those steps so you don't get tripped up in the deal. You want the first time of any experience to be a good one and I want to help insure that your first home buying experience is no exception. I will help you through the process of purchasing a home and explain what each procedure is for and alert you to the mistakes that many first time buyers get caught up in. If you are new to the home ownership arena, let me get you off to a good start. I will be there every step of the way from viewing all your properties, to finally making a decision of your choice, to the closing process.
Here is an outline of the beginning procedures to get you going
- Credit Score - Checking your credit report to verify that it is correct so that you are not being penalized by something derogatory that isn't yours. If there are errors or unresolved issues, contact the credit reporting bureau to get it corrected.
- Documents - Collect pay stubs, bank account statements, W-2s, and tax returns for the last two years, statements from current loans and credit lines, and names and addresses of your landlords for the past two years. Have them ready to show to the lender.
- Getting Preapproved - Sellers love knowing a buyer is serious and there will be less hiccups in the transaction. This can also strengthen your position in negotiations. Knowing what home purchase you can qualify for also saves you time and eliminates disappointment when finding a home that you can't presently purchase. I am partnered with lenders that are standing by and ready to help.
- Down Payment - Money Down can be a big setback to getting started in buying your home. Your type of loan can play a part in how much is needed. You may qualify for loans such as a FHA Loan that requires a less percentage down than a tradition loan when buying a home.
- Closing Cost - I will alert you to the additional charges like appraisal fees and home inspection fees while getting started in the search for your first home so you don't get that, all too often, dreaded surprise expense.
Let me be your guide to avoid all the potholes down the road to your First Time Home!
20001 SW Tualatin Valley Hwy
Beaverton, Oregon 97003